20010521: 20010518: 20010517: cape, bulk richardson

>From: address@hidden

>Hi Steve,
>        I uploaded the file 1997_72456.gem to the incoming directory.  Thanks
>so much for working on this for me. I will have to recreate the .gem files
>anyway because I didn't save those (ahh!), but this shouldn't be too much of
>a problem.  I'll be narrowing the # of stations considerably for the analysis
>phase of this project.
>
>Let me know if you need any more info...
>
>Best,
>Diana

Diana,

Since you said you would have to recreate the .gem files anyway, I
rolled in the duplicate level checks and missing level interpolations in
to the fsltogem program so that you won't have to make any changes
in your current setup.

You can get the updated fsltogem program in the ~gbuddy/nawips-5.6/binary/cal
directory on ftp.unidata.ucar.edu. Login is still the same:
login: gbuddy
password: XXXXXX

Remember to ftp the fsltogem program in binary mode. Once you have
downloaded the program, place in the $NAWIPS/bin/sol directory of the
gempak tree you already have. Ensure that the binary is executable
with: chmod 755 fsltogem once you have placed the file in the
executable directory.

I would suggest trying it out on a single year first, such as the
1997 Topeka data set, and then running snlist to verify that
your CAPE and BRCH values are as you expect.

Good luck,

Steve Chiswell