20010605: dcprof in 5.6.c.1.

>From: "Stonie R. Cooper" <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I hate to bother you - but I was trying to determine the change in 5.6.c.1
>that broke the dcprof (and others?) for Solaris x86 and Linux.  I found the
>reference on the archives - but not the fix.
>
>Also, I noticed the WWUS60  KMKC messages cause dcstorm to seg fault -
>chasing that one down, also.  Is it related?
>
>Thanks for any pointers or assistance . . .
>--
>Stonie R. Cooper,
>Science Officer
>Planetary Data, Incorporated
>3495 Liberty Road
>Villa Rica, Georgia  30180
>ph. (770) 456-0700; pg. (888) 974-5017; fx. (770) 459-0016

Stonie,

The change in 5.6.C was the creation of a MTLNUX machine type
(where previously we had used MTULTX as a surrogate to identify
the little endian byte flipping).

The dcprof gbytes.c do_flip routine needs MTLNUX added to the byte flip check:
if((MTMACH == MTULTX)||(MTMACH == MTALPH)||
   (MTMACH == MTVAX)||(MTMACH == MTLNUX))

Any problem with dcstorm would be unrelated to the above. I havn't seen any
seg faults here. If you can identify a bulletin that I can reference that
is causing problems, I'll look into it. I just ran though the bulletins for
the last 2 days here under Linux and didn't see any problems.

Steve CHiswell