20010605: 20010605: 20010605: dcprof in 5.6.c.1.

Stonie,

The -9 message signals that the end of input has been reached:
from $GEMERR/dc.err-
-9      ! End of input data file.

There are 2 reasons for the decoder to shut down. First is end
of input (eg -9), the second is that the timeout without data has been
reached (-6).

If you are choking on the small bulletins, then its possible that
a line length is exceeding the 512 array.

I can send this though purify to see if anything is getting stepped on.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support