20010611: Access to GARP/NTL

>From: Matt Meister <address@hidden>

Hi Matt-

>I e-mailed Chiz but got his automated reply that he is out of the
>office...

He'll be back next week.

>I was wondering if there is a general user account on a machine over
>there that I could access GARP/NTL for display here in RAP.  I am doing
>daily forecast breifings for a summer project that the convective
>weather group in RAP is doing and through my experience with GARP?NTL
>at the Metropolitan State College of Denver, I find that I am much more
>efficient with my time using GARP than trying to figure out how the
>AWIPS system works.

We do not have a generic account for external users.  I suggest you check
around at RAP to see if anyone else is using it already.  I know Peter Neilley
used to use GEMPAK, but even though he is gone, it might already be installed.
Alternatively, you might check with someone at COMET.  They use GARP
for training sessions and may have a generic account that you could use.

>My machine at RAP runs potato Linux, if you need that information.
>Thanks for your time and response!

Don Murray