20010626: Want to plot skewt for NKX

>From: Darren Gallant <address@hidden>

>Dear Unidata Support,
>
>When using snprof to plot a skewt for NKX, I get the error message:No
>valid stations were found. However when I use wmo number 72293, I get a
>skewt for MYF. Are these the same site? I thought NKX was the ID for San
>Diego Upper Air Site.
>
>Confused
>

>Darren R. Gallant              UCAR/JOSS
>Programmer/Technician           Joint OfFice Of Science Support
>303-497-2634                    P.O. Box 3000
>address@hidden                Boulder,CO 80307-30000

Darren,

NKX is in the snstns.tbl as 72293. MYF is in snstns_land.tbl as 72290
(which actually is a mis-nomer from the USAF tables which use that
6 digit pseudo number of 722903....since SAN is 72290.

If you use snstns.tbl, then you should be fine.

If you are using snworld.tbl with the dcuair decoder, it lists both
NKX and MYF as 72293 and SAN as 72290. If that is the table you are using,
I would suggest deleting the MYF entry- that will ensure that your
new files get created with NKX as 72293, and no conflict. I'll make
that change in the distribution tables for 5.6.D.

Steve CHiswell