20010712: Work around to the 'not enough colors' problem with ntl/garp running on linux

Mike,

We run under RH 7.1 here with no trouble. I have better luck with KDE,
The Gnome manager seems to allocate all 256 colors as shared/read-only.

With KDE, I set the icons color usage to gray scale from the normal
eat-all-my-colors settings.

Thanks for the note. We'll be using the UCAR training center's Linux
boxes for the GEMPAK workshop at the end of the month.

Chiz