20010718: GEMPAK map fill? Support Archive search doesn't work also...

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to draw, using GEMPAK, a map filled with one color for earth an
>one color for water?

Yes, using the BND parameter in gpmap. For example:

BND      = bg/4+WORLD_BNDS/23

>Also, is it possible to draw a map for only one country (by example only Franc
>or only Canada)?

Not at this time. The filling is based on the $GEMTBL/bnds files.
You would have to create a separate bounds file of just the map region
you wanted.

Another option is to use the pgen tools on NMAP/NMAP2 to color in an area
but that would probably be time intensive.

>I noticed that today, the GEMPAK Support Archive Search is not working.
>
>Christian Page
>UQAM

Steve Chiswell