20010725: 20010722: 20010722: gprcm won't use satfil (topo)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I have tried several things and none seem to work.  I just tried
>a VIS sat image and used lutfil=visgray.tbl.  I get a white
>background with a few specs of black and then the echos.
>It almost looks like a negative image.
>
>I also tried making a vgf file from the NEXRAD composites
>using gdplot2.  It seems to make them okay but when the
>result is viewed with NMAP2 or in a script it only
>produced output for a small part of the country..in this
>case the southeastern U.S.  I had GAREA for the entire U.S
>Is there a file size limit for vgfiles?
>
>Thanks for your help on this.
>Robert

Robert,

LUTFIL=default or GRAY works for me. Generally, if you get something
that looks negative, then you have a raw area file (no calibration block),
so the data is 0-32769 but all your color values are in the range 0-255.

Our IDD imagery in McIDAS area files works here- I tried a 4km GOES-8/IR.

Are you using the area files from the IDD data stream at NSBF?

Steve Chiswell