20010726: Filtering and station priorities?

Christian,

You may enter a 2 digit station priority in your station table following
the station elevation (or create a table of your own and use the sfstns
program to update a gempak file already created).

The $GEMTBL/stns/sfstns.tbl file is an example of the format for SPRI
which is either 0 or 99; but, you will have to modify station priorities
for your own preferences. At this point, the sfmetar_sa.tbl is not
ordered with SPRI...but it can be added.

As David showed, you can use the SPRI in the SFPARM functions to
restrict the plotting. Otherwise, filter will give preference to
the stations in the order they appear in the table (which is alphabetical).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support