20010726: GEMPAK/NAWIPS Shapefiles?

Mike,

GEMPAK has the rfc bounds maps to use.

I have a program that I created to convert shapefiles.
Of course, since the name attribute fields vary
in the self describing data sets, you would have to modify the
fields according to which parameters you wanted to
use in the shapefile. It works using the .SHP and .DBF
files that the AWIPS files have.

If you want to convert from WXP format,
the doc file in the $GEMMAPS directory describes the
ascii format for gempak maps. Then, compile the
ssfgsf program to generate the binary map database.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support