Re: 20010813: GEMPAK -> WXP Grid?

Mike,

Since you didn't show what the input to gdgrib was, other than the 3
lines shown below, I can't tell what the problem is- but can only guess that
you haven't defined the GRID paramter PDS, vertical coordinate or
vriable to be converted to grib.

Here is what I am using to create the GRIB products in the FNEXRAD feed
in GEMPAK 5.6.D.1:

gdgrib << EOF
 GDFILE   = nexr
 GFUNC    = n0r
 GDATTIM  = last
 GLEVEL   = 0
 GVCORD   = none
 GBTBLS   = ;ncargrib2.tbl
 GBFILE   = $GBFILE
 VERCEN   = 2/60/1/1
 PDSVAL   = n0r%1
 PRECSN   = b/0
 WMOHDR   =
 CPYFIL   =
 PROJ     =
 GRDAREA  =
 KXKY     =

EOF

In the above, I am using the NCAR center (#60) in the PDS block with
a subcenter (#26) of 1 to signify unidata. You can use NCEP or anything else.
I have defined NOR as parameter #201 in the ncargrib2.tbl (which is included
in the 5.6.D.1 distribution). I am using vertical coordinate %1 (none) for the
surface. I produce a GRIB using #255 in the gds to be the projection of the
gempak grid file itself. You are using CPYFIL=#215 which would produce
a 20km grid....very coarse. My national mosaic is ~6km, and
the regional is 1km. Gdgrib is the same program that is used to create the
HAXA00 KWBC product (10km RCM grid) in NOAAPORT (they use parameter #21 which
is RDSP1).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support