20010824: Snplot stability index plot problem

Sean,

You might not be able to use the 2.0 size to get exactly what you want-
but you can use the PTYPE margins, the DEVICE size option, and the TEXT
attributes to get something closer to what you want.

One suggestion is to use the BOLD-TIMES rathar than TIMES with thickness of
three. And, to specify the window size sich that the vertical limits aren't
cutting in to the text line size.

For example, I end up with 4 lines, 3 parameters per line that don't
encroach on the plot with:

PTYPE    = skewt//;;;5
TEXT     = 1.3/23/1/1/s/l/hw
DEVICE   = gf||900;1100
WINPOS   = 1

In other PTYPE (log, lin etc) you can adjust the aspect ratio,
but with a skew-t, you want the temperature lines to remain at 45 degree
angles to the pressure lines.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support