20010830: Clear Air flag for gdradr

Daryl,

I have a tarfile which you can download from:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/distribution/gdradr_update.tar.Z

Download this tar file to your $NAWIPS directory and unpack with:
zcat gdradr_update.tar.Z | tar xvf -

This tarfile includes updates to the IMGDEF.CMN include file, thhe
nids header reading routine in $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im, and
the update in $NAWIPS/unidata/programs/gdradr to add the parameter
"RADMODE".

For just rebuilding gdradr, you can probably avoid a full rebuild by doing the
following from the csh:

cd $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im
make clean

set FILES=`ls im*.f`
foreach FILE ($FILES)
   set ROOT=$FILE:r
   ar dv $GEMLIB/gemlib.a $ROOT.o
end

make all
make clean

Then:

cd $NAWIPS/unidata/programs/gdradr
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

That will rebuild the gemlib.a im_ routines and the gdradr program, as well as
install the necessary pdf/prm/err updates.

The common block size in IMGDEF.CMN is changed, so you should not attempt to
relink any other programs against the gemlib.a without a complete rebuild.

To rebuild your distribution:

cd $NAWIPS
make distclean
make all
make install
make clean

To use the RADMODE parameter, if left blank, the default is the same as
RADMODE = PCM  which allows all three modes (precip, clear air and maintenance)
and would give the the same behavior as currently exists.

To use precip mode only radars, RADMODE = P.

This change will be included in my next repackaging of the distribution tar
file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support