20010831: 20010825: Goes-10 and Mosaic 8km images not working

Sean,

You seem to be saying that the satellite images from the MCIDAS
feed do work correctly, eg: the 4km and 8km unidata images.

So, you are getting other images from other locations?
Are these the GINI images from NOAAPORT? I have no trouble
viewing those here.

Perhaps you can send me one of the images in question.

It is likely a problem between your PATH which gets set in Gemenviron
and your other environmental variables if 5.4 used to work and no longer
does. That probably says that the gplt or xw device are coming from a
different distristribution (eg 5.6 vs 5.4). To check that out, a
listing of your $PATH and ENV locations would be helpful.

Steve Chiswell