20011026: 20011026: synoptic station table

James,

Path the elev. column can be a station priority
!STID    STNM   NAME                             ST CO   LAT    LON  ELV PRI
!(8)     (6)    (32)                            (2)(2)   (5)    (6)   (5)(2)

If you gave all the stations a priority number, you could access
this with the SPRI parameter in sfparm:

                STATION VARIABLES

        STID - Character station identifier
        STNM - 5-digit station identifier
        SLAT - Station latitude in degrees
        SLON - Station longitude in degrees, West is negative
        SELV - Station elevation in meters
        SPRI - Station priority

Optionally, you could plot all stations with a priority grater than
a certain number like:
SFPARM=SPRI<3

Past the SPRI column you can also have TEXT comments like
the $GEMTBL/stns/nexrad.tbl has.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport