20011203: dcreanal problem

Peter,

Is this a NetCDF file that you had previously succeeded in decoding?
If not, then the file itself may be the problem.

My guess would be that it is not finding the NetCDF attribute: GRIB_name
in the NetCDF file, or that the nvars variable is returning zero.
Both conditions would cause the program to loop through the variables
without processing them. The output of "ncdump -h slp.nc" would
provide the cdl information.

I found that some people had obtained different "reanalysis" files
from Columbia's LDEO which did not have the same format as the
NCAR/NCEP files that I originally wrote the program for-
apparently they had a CGI/web interface that extracted data sets,
but used their own file conventions. I since have provided dcreanal2 for
what I discovered with those files.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support