20011217: The use of "dcreanal"

Andy,

The dcreanal is specifically targeted to the CDL entries used
by the reanalysis data (which supposedly follows the COARDS
conventions). The biggest problem is that the files do not
adequately describe their projection (they just give all the
lat/lons of the points and you have to guess the projection-
so it its not rectilinear, you are out of luck).

>From: "Siffert, Andy" <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>Quick question on the use of "dcreanal"
>Is it my understand that this program will only convert reanalysis data, or
>will it convert any netcdf file to gempak?
>Have a nice day,
>Andy

>               Andy Siffert
>        Aquila Weather Desk