20011215: cannot get obs for station NZWD from GEMPAK

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>We have ongoing projects in Antarctica and I cannot get
>obs through GEMPAK for NZWD which is Williams Field
>near McMurdo.  It is coming in under SAAA31 KWBC.
>My pqact should get that bulletin, I even added
>^SAAA to my pqact entry for dcmetr but sflist still
>does not show the ob even though I am saving the
>bulletin out as a raw file and it is there. I added
>NZWD to sfmetar_sa.tbl, sfworld.tbl and sfstns.tbl.
>Any ideas what else I need to do?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

I am getting NZWD decoded here into the METAR files.
I don't have the station in the sfmetar_sa.tbl file, so it just gets -9999
for lat and lon (I have -a 500 for dcmetr to make room for extra
stations not in the station table).

When did you add the station to sfmetar_sa.tbl? Until a new file is
created, the table changes won't be reflected, and if you didn't have
extra room for stations not in the station table, you may not have
room for it in your file.

I'm currently decoding with:
DDS|IDS ^S[AP].* .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        PIPE    decoders/dcmetr -v 2 -a 500 -m 72 -s sfmetar_sa.tbl
        -d data/gempak/logs/dcmetr.log
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
        data/gempak/surface/YYYYMMDD_sao.gem

If you have lat/lons, I will add them to the station table for 5.6.F.

Steve Chiswell