20020109: dcshef NWS RTP TAIRZX

Daryl,

The reading of 4 character parameter names from the
packing file will extend all the way to the gemlib dpfile.f routine
from dcfcyl.f. So, trying to extend the variables to > 4 characters
would not be an viable task. Better off leaving the packing file
limited to 4 characters or less.

A more likely scenario would be to add logic in the conversion from
the repparms() array that allows 7 characaters to the
dparms() 4 characater array so that parameters like
TAIRZX and TAIRZN could be mapped to names like TAZX and TAZN
(or TX, TN).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport