20020124: Building GEMPAK/NAWIPS from source

Jeff,

The xwcmn.h include file in in $GEMPAK/include.

If your build is not finding it, then you likely have
changes something from the original download configuration,
or you have not edited the Gemenviron file and sourced the
contents into your environment so that the $GEMPAK environmental variable
is pointing to the correct location.

If you are trying to build from source, make sure you unpacked the
distribution tarfile in a clean directory (not in a directory
that already contains a different version of GEMPAK).
Edit the Gemenviron file in the top level directory and define
the NAWIPS environmental variable to be the directory that
you unpacked the tar file into. That is the only variable you
need to define in order to build. Later you can set the data
directory locations.

After editing Gemenviron, source the file into your csh with
"source Gemenviron". You should see the xwcmn.h file with
ls $GEMPAK/include/xwcmn.h

I provide a complete binary distribution as a single tar file
for Solaris Sparc, Solaris for Intel and Linux. The current
posted version is GEMPAK 5.6.E.1. You can use this in lieu
of building from source.

Please send all support questions directly to address@hidden.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport