20020221: sfmap

Robert,

Yes, you can include "MARK" as one of the parameters in the SFPARM list,
and define the color of MARK based on a PARM (eg XVFR) in the SFPARM list. From
the online help for COLORS:

      To color-code any parameter, replace its corresponding color number
      in the COLORS list with the form:

        (v1;v2;...;vN-1/c1;c2;...;cN/PARM/E)   or
        (v1-vN-1-vInc/c1-cN-cInc/PARM/E)       or
        a combination of a list and a range

      where the v's are parameter values, the c's are color numbers, and
      PARM is the parameter whose value determines the color.

The syntax for MARK in the sfparm list is MARK:markernum/size/width
You can set the color for XVFR to 0 so that only the marker is plotted
with the color code, and the value of XVFR isn't.

Let me know if you need more info.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support