20020304: GEMPAK Color question

>From: "Robin L. Belton" <address@hidden>

>I am a relatively new user to GEMPAK, and I was wondering how I would go
>about changing the color of the station plot on an upper air display or
>surface map.  I have figured out how to change the background color to
>white with ncolor, but I am unsure of how to change these.
>
>Thanks,
>Robin L. Belton

Robin,

each of the parameters plotted in SFMAP or SNMAP using SFPARM and SNPARM
respectively has a color assigned to it by the COLORS parameter.

You can type "phelp colors" at the GEMPAK prompt to find out more about
the color assigned to each number in the list. Generally, you have 32 colors
to chose from for graphics.

If you have 1 color specified in the COLORS list, that color will be used for
all parameters in the S(F/N)PARM list. If you have more than one, each color
will sucessively be appied to the coresponding parameter in the list. If you
have
fewer colors in the list, the colors will repeat.

The color of the MAP, along with line style and width is controlled by the MAP
parameter.
See the "phelp" for MAP, as well as $MAPFIL for specifying the map(s) to be
plotted.

Steve Chiswell