20020325: degribbing NCEP reanalysis

Kevin,

Were your grids GRIB, or NetCDF format? Did you log
any messages? I also provided dcreanal for the NetCDF reanalysis grids.

The grib converter gets all the time information directly from
the GRID PDS block, so it is not particular to real-time data.
However, some of the reanalysis data is on gaussian grids,
which are not handled by GEMPAK. You will need to use the
$GEMTBL/grid/ncarncep1.tbl parameter definitions since the reanalysis
data does not use the same table as NCEPs operational models. You can
specify the table in the GBTBLS parameter to nagrib. Or, set up your
tables in a local directory for dcgrib2.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support