20020424: NIDS products

Brian,

The current version of GEMPAK is 5.6.F. All Unidata distributiuons
since 5.6.A provide the ability to display the zlib compressed NIDS
products that NWS is providing since Jan 2001 (which was when 5.6.a
was release).

NMAP & NMAP2, Garp, NSAT, and all text interface GEMPAK programs that
use the RADFIL variable will display the NIDS products.

For example, in GPMAP, set RADFIL to your data file, and set PROJ=rad.

All of the GUI's provide drop down menus for NIDS file selection for data
in the appropriate file structure:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/nsat.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/pqact/images.tbl

NSAT also provides a method for browsing the data directories under the
"User defined" option under file.

Steve Chiswell