20020426: problem compiling GEMPAK under RedHat Linux

Robert,

Under Linux, sometimes the ranlib does not get run by make.
This does not always happen.....

All you need to do for the error message below is:

ranlib $GEMLIB/device.a

You probably want to make sure that a non-execuatble garp was left in the
$GARPHOME/linux directory (remove it it it is there), then

Then resume the build with "make all"

Steve Chiswell