20020502: additional on gdlist question

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

>I went back and decided to try the AVN thinned grid that comes in
>on the IDD and gdlist worked fine btwn -20 and 20.  The problem
>comes in when I use the AVN higher res model that I download
>from NCEP and pass through dcgrib.  This was the model that
>was being used at Universal as well.  It fails every time with this
>model but works every time with the thinned grids.  Very strange.
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert, The thinned grid seam/boundary is at -30 (30W), so when you ask to
display columns from -20 to 20, you are asking for columns sequentially
contiguous.

The global 1x1 has the boundary at 0W. So, when you ask for -20 to 20, you are
going from column 340 to 20. Since gdlist is just dumping the array structure,
I doubt there is any thing there that lets the program display
columns non-contiguously, eg from 340 to 360, 1 to 20.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support