20020621: HU - GEMPAK

Pavel,

For your real-time data, don't try to file it under your GEMPAK
distribution directories. That will make upgrading GEMPAK difficult in the
future.

Under your ~ldm directory, you should have a data/ directory.
This directory should have at least ldm.pq in it.

The GEMDATA directory should be your ~ldm/data/gempak
directory. If you fololow that convention, then you will
be able to use the pqact.conf examples I provided you with.

When running pqact, the data directories will be relative to your ~ldm
(LDMHOME) directory, unless a full path is used).

So, for example, to file the NIDS products from the NNEXRAD data feed,
you will have a pqact.conf entry that looks like:

NNEXRAD  ^SDUS[2357]. .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(...)(...)
        FILE    -close  data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/\5/\4/\4_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\2\3

The location of the FILE action is the data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS....tree
which is relative to LDMHOME, so this should be:
~ldm/data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/.....

If your GEMDATA variable is defined in Gemenviron as: ~ldm/data/gempak,
then $RAD will automatically be defined as ~ldm/data/gempak/nexrad.
When you open up Garp, and click on the imagery icon,
the RADDIR line in Garp_defaults is set to $RAD, and so you will
see the NIDS widget as one option to select.
Under that will be the individual radars and products.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support