20020703: Installing on an SGI

Werner,

I do the release engineering here on my desktop SGI octane. It does have
the fortran compilers.

There are options:

1) I can make IRIX binaries available  as I do for Solaris and Linux. I have
posted
   IRIX executables in the past for another site....it just takes up another
100MB
   on our tar file download site.

2) I have not built with g77/gcc on SGI, but I could try to create
   configurations for that environment. I do provide gcc/g77 options for
   Linux.

I have found that the PGI compilers do not support 1 of the fortran features
that
the code uses...so it appears that for the present time, that is no an
alternative.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support