20020829: gempak postscript creation

David,

You must run gpend when you are finished creating your postscript file
(same as with gif and other drivers).

Until you run gpend, the postscript file can still be appended to
by other programs for overlays etc.

When you run gpend, it will add the grestore and showpage trailers.
Until them you are seeing the buffer flushing out parts of the post script
drawing commands as the buffer is full. With the gif driver, you won't
see any output file until running gpend since only then can the screen image be
created. With postscript, since each drawing stoke isused, the output file will
exist
as soon as there is enough information in the buffer to be pushed out to disk.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support