20020916: problems with gdradr

Corene,

There is a default template coded into gdradr if the NEXRIII template
is not found in the datatype.tbl file. That is the same as:
 $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/%PROD%/%PROD%_YYYYMMDD_HHNN

Since gdradr says it is using that pattern, then it seems to
say that for some reason the NEXRIII template in your datatype.tbl file
failed. Did you comment out the other NEXRIII entries you were using with a
"!" as the first character in the line?

The RAD variable is set in Gemenviron, so your changing the value in .cshrc
would need to be after the Gemenviron file is sourced.

The problem you may be having with your new directory structure is that
the directory path has the YYYYMMDD template in it. The code only
processes the template in the file name, and not the file path.
So, your path of /wxdata/archive/YYYYMMDD/%SITE%/%PROD% is
probably not getting expanded with the date/time as you expected.

It sounds like I need to modify the code so that the directory path is
processed for date/time templates as well as the file name.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support