20021022: Sample Perl Scripts

>From: Anthony B Tang <address@hidden>

>Unidata Support,
>
>Hi! I am trying to write some Perl scripts to use in conjunction with your
>GEMPAK programs such as GDMAP and GDPLOT2. I'm a bit confused at where to star
>and I've looked in the forums and cannot find any sample scripts to start with
> .
>

>Is there any small sample scripts that you have that I can take a look at ?
>
>Thank you very much.
>=-Anthony

>Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
>http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

There are sample csh scripts in the tutorial section on writing batch
scripts, and in the Examples pages from the GEMPAK web page.
The csh scripts use the environmental variables defined in the Gemenviron
cshrc file.

If you are writing perl scripts, you need to define the Gempak environmental
variables within the script in a maner consistent with the way Gemenviron
is used within csh scripts. Otherwise, the logic in setting up
a script would be the same.

Steve Chiswell