20030115: snprof

>From: address@hidden

>I seem to recall (or did I imagine it) that it used to be possible
>to generate a blank skewt from snprof.  I am not able to do that
>now.  Is that possible?  Or has that functionality been taken over
>by another program?
>
>Donna Tucker                      http://chinook.phsx.ukans.edu/tucker.html
>Associate Professor               1251 Wescoe Hall Dr.
>address@hidden      Department of Physics and Astronomy
>(785) 864-4738                            University of Kansas
>
>(785) 864-5262 (fax)               Lawrence, KS  66045-7582

Donna,

I was able to create a blank skewt snprof by setting the
LINE, STNCOL, WIND, and TITLE colors to 0, for a given sounding
plot, eg:

 SNFILE   = uair
 DATTIM   = 1200
 AREA     = @dnr
 SNPARM   = tmpc;dwpc
 LINE     = 0
 PTYPE    = skewt
 VCOORD   = pres
 STNDEX   =
 STNCOL   = 0
 WIND     = 0
 WINPOS   = 1
 MARKER   = 6/15/5/2
 BORDER   = 3/1/1
 TITLE    = 0
 DEVICE   = xw
 YAXIS    = 1020/100//1;1;0
 XAXIS    = -35/35/5/1;1;0
 FILTER   = yes
 CLEAR    = y
 PANEL    = 0
 TEXT     = 1/1/1/sw
 THTALN   = 8/1/1
 THTELN   = 6/10/1
 MIXRLN   = 5/2/1

You can adjust the other thermodynamic lines according to your needs.

Steve Chiswell