20030203: 20030128: Profiler data in GEMPAK

Patrick,

The sample dcncprof actions I provided create 2 files per day named
YYYYMMDD00_6min.gem and YYYYMMDD12_6min.gem for historical reasons
(eg the NCEP distribution is limited to 200 times in a file).
The $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults file has the profiler template
(at the bottom of the file set to match YYYYMMDDHH_6min.gem.

Since the UPC distribution has 300 times allowed in a file, you can
put all 24 hours * 10 times per hour in a single file...so
I set up a test naming files YYYYMMDD_6min.gem and modified the
$GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults with YYYYMMDD_6min.gem.

Both of the above work for me in finding the files.
I did find that some operating systems have diffent defaults for the time
zone locale,  so that the last UTC - Local hours are omitted from the plot,
and have fixed that for the next distribution.

I probably need to see your dcncprof and Garp_defaults configurations
if you have made any changes from the defaults that I provide.
When something used to work, and then it no longer does, I'd first check
to make sure either the pqact.conf invocation wasn't changed, of the
Garp_defaults wasn't. Also, for sanity, make sure you aren't looking
at a different Garp_defaults file (eg, in a local directory
or one configured for case studies, etc).

Steve Chiswell