20030209: Gempak - IRIX64 6.5.13m - sfmap with no margins?

Christian,

To plot a map using no margins, set the margings to "NM" in the
projection variable, and select your lat/lon bounding area in
GAREA to maximize the coverage in both width and height
(and/or use the "cursor gareax" command to select a subregion for the
map that will fill the window area).

Using the default 900x700 view area in both the xw and gf driver,
here are some examples that I arrived at using the "CURSOR GAREAX" command:
 GAREA    = 40.0;-85.0;68.0;-49.8
 PROJ     = ced//nm

 GAREA    = 43.3;-83.6;57.3;-35.4
 PROJ     = STR/90.0;-75.0;0.0/nm

If you change your window size, then you would want to maintain the same ratio.

Steve Chiswell