From: Poulin,Lewis [CMC]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 12:22 PM
To: 'Unidata Support'
Subject: Accessing vertical profiles in Garp

Hi Steve

I am having difficulty getting the scalar and vector menus under Model
Vertical Profile in Garp to work.

I have successfully:
- converted our CMC data into Gempak format
- added new fdfs into the fdf directories
- made appropriate changes to the $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults file
- started Garp and had Garp recognize my models and have been able to use
the fdfs except for those in the Model Vertical Profile section.

The Model Plan Projection, Model Cross Section and Model Time Height buttons
all work fine. Their pop up submenus allow me to access all available fdfs
including the new ones I put in..that's great.

But for some reason, when I hit the Model Vertical Profile Button, the
associated pop up menu appears but the fdfs listed under scalar and vector
are fuzzed out. It is reading them in the directory, I can see a fuzzed out
name for each of them but access to them is not provided.

I've read and re-read the Garp_defaults file over and over trying to figure
out what if any changes I have to do..I'm stuck..

Lewis Poulin