20030509: Unidata binary of nwx core dumps with surface obs

Robert,

I've found that if no files are found the first time, then the second time
when using the same data set, I do get the messages you mentioned.
I fixed my taf problem with the appropriate file name. I'm in the
process of rolling in 5.6.K changes, and will see if we can get our
purify license back to check the code more thoroughly (at this point,
we no longer have a licensed environment).

One other thought would be if your pqact was running behind in
getting the metars decoder out to the YYYYMMDD_sao.gem file.
You would notice that if you frequently went to plot a surface chart
and had very few obs for the current hour- which is possible if IO is
getting slow. If that were the case, the "1" hour choice would probably fail,
but ypu would expect to see something if you went to "6" or "12" hours
(eg the file and paths are all correct, but the data just isn't
up to date in the file that nwx is looking at).

Steve