20030624: Gempak pcconv query

John,

The pcconv.tbl functions are used for the point source (surface and
upperair) programs through SFPARM and SNPARM- so screaming PCCONV at a
grid program has no effect. ;-)

In the case of gridded data, the function $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/dg/dgdwpt.f
is used (and looks to calculate dewpoint from relative humidity or mixing
ratio....but not dewpoint depression). I made the necessary changes
to the source code here (to be distributed with 5.6.K).

I can send you a source code update if you built from source, or
we'll upgrade you to 5.6.K. Your choice. If you want the source
for the routine, let me know what version you are currently running
since I'll have to back path that code as the grid routines have all
been updated the past several releases to accomodate larger grids.

Steve
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support