20030703: gempak problems

Gerry,

I am out of the office through Monday. Hopefully this won't require a
phone call.

I see 2 dcmetr actions, with different paths to GEMTBL.
The error message you show below belongs to the one writing to
the output file named YYMMDDHH_sf.gem.

The pqact invocation is using:
-e GEMTBL=/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/tables

Your other actions are using a GemPak5.6/gempak/tables path, so,
you need to check this path so that the station table and packing
files can be found.

As a general aside, I know that over the years, as your own conventions for
file naming develop, it may be hard to change- but it would be easier on you
from an administrative standpoint if you used the file naming patterns
(as provided in the $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/ directory) that
match the $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl templates (and
$GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults as well) so that you could run the new
distributions out of the box without having to make lots of changes.

The above suggestion generally makes using the GUI applications easier. Of
course, if thats not your primary need, then its not as important. However,
the template names do make it easier to use the command line programs
as well (if you aren't already using those features). For example,
in a grid plotting program you can simply use GDFILE=eta or
GDFILE=eta|yymmdd/hhnn, or in a surface program use SFFILE=metar etc.

Steve Chiswell