20030708: background color, txtfil and more!

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Steve Ansari wrote:

> Hello all,
> Several questions:
> 1) How do I change the background color used by the gpmap program?  I am
>
> plotting Level-3 Radar and wish to have a white background.  I thought
> about
> changing the color table or something like that but I'm using another
> panel
> to print text along the right side so I don't think this would work.  I
> have
> tried the border command with no luck.

You can:

1) run the gpcolor command before gpmap. Specify "COLORS= 101=white".
   In 16/24 bit mode, you must run gpcolor before generating your plot.
   In 8 bit, you can change the color map or use "ncolor" and change the
   color indicies without redrawing the plot.

2) copy $GEMTBL/colors/coltbl.xwp to your working directory and set the first
   color to white iinstead of black.

or, if running ntl to set the color map

3) Edit $NAWIPS/resource/Ntop, and uncomment the last line:
Ntop*appbgName:        white

> 2) Does gpmap support the TXTFIL and TXTLOC commands?  I'm trying to put
> the
> NOAA logo on the .gif image that I'm exporting.  I'd also like to use
> these
> commands to place my text information on the image instead of mulitple
> "title" overlays.
> TXTFIL   = NOAA|1|C
> TXTLOC   = .5;.2

No, these are parameters used in gptext, not gpmap.

> 3) Finally, I have not been able to get the justification part of the
> TEXT
> command to work.  The title command continues to print everything
> centered.
> TEXT     = 1/1////L/HW

The TITLE string is written in gpmap with a call to GG_WSTR, which always
centers the title:
C* GG_WSTR                                                              *
C* This subroutine writes a string on a graphics plot.  The             *
C* string will be centered on the line specified.  If LINE = 0, the     *
C* string will be written one line from the bottom of the plot.

> Thanks again for all your help.
> Steve Ansari

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support