20030708: [Fwd: scripted GEMPAK, and color table selection]

Neil,

The xw (and therefore gf) drivers search for coltbl.xwp
in the following order/location:

<from fltbop.f>
C*      1. filename (local)                       *
C*      2. path/filename (TABLE as given)         *  <- not applicable here
C*      3. $NCDESK/type/filename                  *
C*      4. $NCSITE/type/filename                  *
C*      5. $GEMTBL/type/filename                  *

where type is the name "color", so the last location searched ins $GEMTBL/color.

You could utilize the other locations, such as $NCDESK/colors/coltbl.xwp
(where NCDESK is appropriate the the specific host nfs mounting the work
directory).

The name coltbl.xwp is used by the device driver, unless the program
makes a specific call to the gplt routine GSCTBL to define the
color table name- which none of the GEMPAK programs are doing,
but could be done by.

In the past, I have also done things such as edit the device driver code
to search for an environmental variable name first before using the
default coltbl.xwp file name (eg $GEMCOLTBL).

Steve Chiswell