20030814: gif vs gf driver

David,

The gf driver uses the hardware fonts from the X server, so you have access to
the different fonts and
sizes, and will be much clearer using th "HW" option to device, though you can
use "SW" as well which
uses localy drawn characters.

The GIF driver renders without an X server, so it does everything as "SW".

I would need to see what you are using for TEXT,but in general, for any driver
you can
use TEXT=1/21/1/hw for example, where 1 is the size multiplier, 21 is the font,
and 1 is the width.

You should notice considerable difference between size=1 and size=.5 or 2 for
example.

Steve Chiswell