20030816: nex2img, AP and clear-air mode

Gerry,

The radmode parameter will let you filter out clear air mode radars
but there is really no way to determine what information in a clear air
modei or precip mode image is useful without other information.

For grids I am creating with gdradr, I filter out AP by masking
the radar echoes that are rain (not snow or ice) with the
echo tops greater than 5 (eg ignoring shallow precip).
This combines temperature grids from the RUC, as well as reflectivity and
echo tops NEXRAD products.

Steve Chiswell