Re: 20030905: Redhat 7.3 compile

Hmm.....I verified it works here.
Your $GEMEXE directory should contain the new gif and ps executables.
Make sure you aren't finding a diferent "gif" file or directory
in your path, and make sure you ran gpend to exit the old
executable before relaunching gpnexr2, otherwise the system would probably
still be using the old executable.

Also, as an aside, you can run the X program xvfb to create a virtual
desktop for use with gf and png drivers in scripts (the X fonts will
look nicer than the software rendered fonts by the gif driver).

Also, I reworked the build environment for 5.6.K to hopefully play
nicer with some of the peculiarities you might have seen before with building
from source.

Steve Chiswell

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Steve Ansari wrote:

> Steve,
> We have tried the new gif program and get the same error...
> "NIMGFMT - Invalid image format".
> Is there something I'm not doing right on my end?
> Thanks for all your help.
> Steve Ansari
>
> Steve Chiswell wrote:
>
> > Kyle
> >
> > Attatched are updated Linux 5.6.K executables for gif and ps for the $GEMEXE
> > directory.
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> >
> > On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Kyle Dion wrote:
> >
> > > Steve,
> > >
> > >     I installed Gempak 5.6k by using the binary distributions since you
> > > had advised me that the Redhat 7.3 GNU make was 'broken'.  Do you have
> > > any suggestions for handling this source code change that Steve Ansari
> > > needs?
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Kyle :0)
> > > --
> > > Kyle Dion
> > > Senior Systems Administrator
> > > NCDC/NOAA
> > > address@hidden
> > > (828) 271-4385
> > >
> > > "Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without." - Farmer's Mantra

begin:vcard
n:Ansari;Steve
tel;work:(828) 271-4611
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:NCDC/STG, Inc;Data Processing Branch
adr:;;151 Patton Ave.;Asheville;NC;28804;
version:2.1
email;internet:address@hidden
title:GIS Programmer
fn:Steve Ansari