20030920: Looking for NLDN scripts

>From: Chris Novy <address@hidden>

Chris,

>I'm new to this list but not to the UNIDATA community.  I'm recently
>installed GEMPAK at SIU and would like to know if anyone has some sample
>scripts for generating NLDN GIF (non-Xwindows) graphics.  I've got the NLDN
>decoder generating the .gem files but I don't know how to display
>them.  I'm interested in reverse-engineering someone else's scripts. These
>images will appear on the weather.siu.edu web site.

I am sure that someone will be able to provide you a script that will
generate GIF (tm) displays of the NLDN Lightning data; this note is not
in regard to that.

I want to remind you that NLDN data or displays created from the data
can not be made available outside of your institution in any form.
Given this restriction, you will need to make sure that access to your
lightning images are not viewable from outside of the siu.edu domain
and that no web crawlers can index these images.

If you need further clarification of the restrictions on NLDN data,
please email Dr. David Knight <address@hidden>.  SUNYA is the
Unidata institution that provides the point-to-point LDM feed of NLDN
data, and they have the agreement with the lightning provider
(currently Vaisala) to make sure that they are the only site that can
redistribute the data and that none of the data is made available to the
public at-large.

>Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your compliance with the NLDN restrictions.  We
would hate to see the Unidata community lose access to the data
by inadvertant breach of the SUNYA-Vaisala agreement.

>..Chris..

Tom Yoksas