20031002: logo location

Patrick,

In GEMPAK, the NOAA & NWS logos are not "images". They are instead
drawing commands such that they can be resized or sent to any device.

The subroutine $GEMPAK/source/device/plot/dlogo.f calls the appropriate
NOAA or NWS logo routine, such as:
$GEMPAK/source/device/draw/inoaa.f

You could create your own routine to call from dlogo.f. The comments
in the inoaa.f routine are easy to follow.

If you are producing GIF files, and have a GIF logo of your own, the
easiest way I can suggest is to use the ImageMagick program
"composite" to combine the 2 images specifying the offset location
for the logo ontop of your map. I can make an example if needed.

Steve Chiswell