20031219: 20031218: Gempak - SUN and LINUX - SNCROSS VORTICITY

>From: "Jason C. Shafer" <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>    I should have been more explicit. Is there a way to generate a grid file
>from a sounding file where I can do time-height sections on, not plan-view? I
>want to contour vorticity on a time-height section using the observations.
>Thanks again.

Jay,

Yes. Create a grid file (using gdcfil), then run objective analysis on
the sounding levels for each time of your sounding data using OABSND.

Once you have your sounding levels at eash time gridded, you
can use the program GDTHGT to do time height cross sections.

Steve Chiswell