20040120: GEMPAK and area files.

Mark,

The 2 byte entries for GOES 12 may or may not be in your imgtyp.tbl
file depending on what version of GEMPAK you have.

The entries would look similar to:
GOES12               VIS           0  30240     78      1      2 GRAY
GOES12               IR2           0    255     78      2      2 GRAY
GOES12               IR3           0    255     78      4      2 watvap.tbl
GOES12               IR4           0    255     78      8      2 GRAY
GOES12               IR5           0    255     78     16      2 GRAY
GOES12               IR6           0    255     78     32      2 GRAY
GOES12               IR4           0    255     78    128      2 GRAY

Also, depending on whether or not your files have the expected
calibration information, you may get an all black image
(which I have created a fix for in the display drivers).
If you get that, we'll have to update your distribution.
The 2 numbers that specify the data range are dependent on
how the values are found in your files. For example, the
range of 0 to 30240 for visible is based upon the
raw values in the data files- but yours may be different.

Steve CHiswell