20040310: How to increase the times that GDSTAT can process

Jongnam,

After looking at the code, I see where MXLOOP is being set
as the upper limit, but after looking at the gempak library,
the only hard limitation is the number of grid times
in the GR_FTIM call which is LLMXGT (1000), so that should
get changed. That is already the limit for the number of
grid times in a gempak grid file.

But, 1000 times may be too small for what you want
assuming 30 years times 365 days per year * x number of times
per day (unless you are using monthly averages already).

The calculation limit for AVG, STD, MAX, MIN really is not limited
by any of these factors. The only reason for the limit is the need
to get the list of times.

I would be willing to either recompile the program without the MXLOOP
bug if that suits you, or investigate a way around the GEMPAK library
limit of 1000 LLMXGT.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support