20040311: Converting NetCDF files to gempak files (fwd)

Jongnam,

Attatched are 2 Linux executables (eg dcreanal and gdstat).

The gdstat executable fixes the MXLOOP bug.

The dcreanal program is an update to use the NetCDF variable ID
as the GEMPAK parameter name if the GRIB name/number attributes
are not found. Using the example you identified below,
this will create a gempak file with parameter "AIR" for
times 010101/0000 through 011231/0000.

I ran gdstat on the resulting file, and all 365 times were processed,
and I plotted AVEAIR for GDATTIM=010101/0000:011231/0000 and all seems to
work.

I'm assuming you were using the Linux binary distribution. Let me know
if you need the source code to build.

Steve Chiswell
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support