20040317: Gempak decoder question

Ben,

We have the address@hidden address, as well as the
address@hidden user list which you can user to talk
to other GEMPAK users. You must be a member of the list
in order to post:

In general, if you have a question which is in line with the educational use
of the package, then send it to either depending on your preference for
reply.

If you have a question specific to a data set or use which is outside the realm
of educational use, then our resources to answer you are extremely limited
and you are encouraged to go to the gembud list/forum.

Also, you can search the past email archives as you mention.

The dcmetr decoder is written to the metar standard, so if you hand
enter one, be careful that it meets the WMO spec.

Typically, if you have a 1Z metar for today such as:
ZCZC
MTROAX
metar........

Then in your dcmetr use "dcmetr -c 040317/0100"
The -c will set the clock time instead of using the current time.
For realtime data, the -b flag will set the range of time that a
metar will be considered valid. Other times will be treated as possible
in error and not written to the output file.

For further advice, please send your metar and command invocation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support